A Proud History of Achievement and Success
A Community School
Bunyip Primary School, established in 1880 is located in West Gippsland, 80 kilometres south east of Melbourne. It draws its students from the small local township, and surrounding farming area. The student population at the school is 206.
The school aims to:
- develop self-disciplined, questioning and caring students
- encourage children to reach their individual potential and experience success at school
- provide a challenging and stimulating curriculum
- support a positive, safe and friendly environment
- encourage parents, teachers, students and the community to work together as a team to further develop and improve the school
- provide equal opportunity for all members of the school community
- encourage responsibility, independence, problem solving, active learning and creativity
- prepare students for future success in learning and life by building on their strengths
Our primary concern is to provide the best possible learning environment for all students and enhance their qualities, attitudes and skills which will enable them to adapt to change and have a positive outlook on life.
The school provides a quality, sequential seven year program in all Learning Areas which is delivered in both composite and straight grades, supported by specialist teaching for Library, Computers, Physical Education, Art/Craft, Music and Literacy Support, and makes great use of appropriately trained parents in program delivery.